A common feature to most human beings is the pursuit of happiness. A second common feature is their failure in the pursuit. Our modern culture created an almost infinite amount of “happiness-producer-objects”. Technology, comfort, money, fame, a career are publicized as producers of happiness. We usually see even our relationships as no more than another object to bring happiness. But we are not happy.
Posts Tagged ‘ananda’
- It occurs to me I've been meditating, semi-regularly, for 20 years now. I'm starting to see the value in it. :)---- 4 years ago
- Reflecting on deceptively simple insight from Tim Boyd's talk at Theosofest: balance = nutrition + exercise + rest. For all of our bodies.---- 4 years ago
- From Paul Quinn's 'Tarot for Life' ( @QuestBooksTPH). "'Know thyself' is not a private indulgence; it is a global imperative."---- 4 years ago
- Alpheus in New Format and New Orientation
- Knowing the Source of Intuition
- Evolution & Creation: Part III – Specified Complexity
- Evolution & Creation: Part II – Intelligent Design
- Evolution and Creation: does quantum mechanics solve all that?
- Bibracte: Last Center of Celtic Occultism
- Evolution & Creation: Part I
TagsAdd new tag ananda astrology atma Blavatsky bliss buddha buddhi buddhism catholicism Christ christianity clearing coincidence community Easter ecstasy esotericism esoteric section evolution forgiveness h.p. blavatsky happiness higher self hinduism hpb Intelligent Design interfaith intuition Islam Jesus Krishna Krishnamurti Krotona lectures lessons lies lying metaphysics mysticism nature o hidden life oneness personality phenomenology phenomonology practice Religion responsibility Saturn Science self self-confidence serenity service sevenfold constitution skandhas spiritual growth spirituality stress tantra tarot theory theosophical classics theosophical society Theosophy transcendence trinity truth uniqueness universe vedanta wisdom youth zen
- 55,715 hits